I believe that food like good music and a good book is a solace to a person's soul. Food is both a science and an art - a yin-yang balance to your body and also an appreciation of colors, textures and sensory experience.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Food at Well Tea, Richmond, Vancouver

Well Tea 茶井 (Richmond) on Urbanspoon

The food at Well Tea in Richmond is pretty presentable. Loved the deco. Love the yummy chicken with three spices set and the pork with fermented sauce and fried rice. The pork looks a bit terrifying at first because the meat looks red - it has to do with the seasoning. Its really delicious though - its well seasoned and goes very well with the fried rice. And I loved my drink too - matcha coffee bubble milk tea. I wanna try the deep fried chicken nuggets next. I am a big fan of fried chicken :)



This chicken dish is so flavorful - I loved drizzling my steamed rice with the sauce from the chicken dish.


How it looks like in a set - vegetables, Chinese beans, tofu and steamed rice

Add Image

The portions are pretty generous


Add Video


See what I mean - the seasoned red pork sitting on a bed of rice. Lovely!!



This egg dish is a bit of a disappointment. Can do without it. Nothing spectacular.



The macha coffee bubble tea was pretty light - I personally liked it - it complimented the well flavored and seasoned food.

Overall Experience:

Deco: 3.5-4/5
Quality of food: 5/5
Price: 4/5 (its pretty decent, about CAN8 for a set meal before tax. I am not giving it a perfect score because the drinks are kinda pricey).
Overall Experience: 4/5



Remove Formatting from selection


2 comments:

  1. The pork and fried rice is so good that I remember to come back here after something like 6 years. I guess the trick is to add more garlic to the fried rice :-3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last experience at Well Tea wasn't that great. Too much MSG and I was dehydrated the whole day. Guess the preparation of the food was not consistent. Will blog about it.

    ReplyDelete